Wednesday, July 1, 2009

NHL FREE AGENT FRENZY!

WOW


What a totally underwhelming first day of free agency for the Philadelphia Flyers…
I’m not surprised; I wasn’t expecting anything major to happen when we have no salary cap room. Here’s just a summary of some of the moves that have happen so far related to the Flyers in some way:






1. Mike Knuble – (Washington Capitals)….I can’t say I’m shocked this went down. I had been hearing for a little while that “Iron Mike” may’ve been heading to Wsh. They needed a guy like him and he’ll be a nice addition. Sad to see him go.




2. Patrick Thoresen – (Somewhere in the KHL)… NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I’m fucking pissed. I love you man, I love you. You had to stay out of the NHL..didn't you? Damnit.



3. Brian Boucher – (Us) …I’m actually pretty OK with this one. We needed someone who is cheaper than Emery, and Boucher is coming off of a pretty good year in San Jose (then again, it was SJ’s stacked team). 3rd time is a charm I suppose.





4. Ian Lapierre – (Us again) … I’m actually THRILLED with this signing. 3 years at 1.17 per year, and he’s a great locker room presence. He’s a tough little bastard, and can alleviate some stress from Carter/Richards on the PK. We may regret the 3rd year, but that’s fine. I think two things can be assumed from this signing:




1. No one wants to f*** with the Flyers this year.

2. Riley Cote may’ve lost his job.

No comments:

Post a Comment